Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Alone Time

Being 65 and having a lot of alone time has its benefits.  Today is not a benefit day.  Why?  My attitude sucks!  Normally I am a jovial spirit and wake up with laughter in my heart.  I think I need some sunshine or something.  My routine is just that, routine!  lol  Wake up, sit on the side of the bed, check my phone, go to the bathroom, take my dog out, fix coffee, sit down on sofa with laptop on my lap and finish my coffee!  I go to bed looking forward to the next morning so that I can have my coffee and my laptop!  I am so NOT tech savy, so FB is about as far as I have ever gone.  Now, I think I have found a place where I can write down my thoughts.

I spend each day "alone" with my dog, Sophie.  Actually, she is my baby.  I rescued this precious Chihuahua about 6 years ago and she is such a joy.  Just knowing she is here with me keeps me from being "lonely".

I live in a small town in NC in what I call a "circle of apartments" just for us seniors!  I really like it.  If I choose to mingle and speak to humans, I can.  If I want to stay inside and just be me in my pj's all day, I can.  So, being alone is not a bad thing at all.  It is bad only when I allow myself to think of how my life "could have been".  That is so looking backwards.  Even at 65, I try to look forward and not backwards.  I tell my son, my only child, life is better when we handle every day without stress or anger.  If something causes me stress, I do my best to eliminate it or "them".  Yes, people too.  Negative people have no place in my life!!  My ex-mother-in-law stressed me so much, I divorced her son and that eliminated her!  lol

This blogging thing is definitely new to me.  Looks like I might not have as much room as I need to say all that is on my mind today.  So, bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment